The association Frënn vum Resistenzmusée (Friends of the Museum of the Resistance) was created in 2010. Its aims are notably the support and the accompaniment of the project of renovation, extension and revalorization of the museum, as well as all its public, educational, cultural and social activities.
2011 Petition for the museum renovation and expansion project. In 2012, more than 2,000 signatures were filed with the Chamber of Deputies.
2013 Stolpersteine (stumbling blocks) in Esch-sur-Alzette, in memory of the Jewish victims of Nazism, by the German artist Günter Demnig.
2014 Production of the material for the museum’s audioguides
2016 – 2107 organization, in cooperation with the museum, Kulturfabrik, MemoShoah and Temoins de la Seconde Génération, of the international conference “Questions on the future of the work of memory” in Esch-sur-Alzette.
2018 collaboration to set up a mobile museum
On October 5, 2019, the association “Frënn vum Resistenzmusée” organizes its annual excursion to Paris.
- Saturday, October 5
• 7:50 am: meeting in front of the Luxembourg station. Departure at 8:10 of the TGV to Paris
• 10:20 am: arrival in Paris, luggage drop-off at the hotel and lunch
• 2:00 pm: visit of the Museum of the Order of the Liberation
• 4:00 pm: walk on Martyrs’ Square, Winter Velodrome and Children’s Garden Memorial
• 6:00 pm: return to the hotel then dinner and free time
- Sunday, October 6:
• 9:30 am: departure for the Drancy memorial camp (guided tour)
• 12:00 pm: visit of the former deportation train station of Bobigny
• 1 pm: lunch break
• 2:30 pm: return to the center of Paris / Visits to the Memorial of the Martyrs of the deportation on the Ile de la Cité
• 5:45 pm: luggage pick up at the hotel
• 6:40 pm: TGV departure for the Grand Duchy
• 9 pm: Arrival in Luxembourg
TGV and hotel with breakfast:
• Double room 200 € per person • Single room 260 € (for members 170 € or 230 € respectively); all other meals and entrance fees are not included.
Registration with transfer of the corresponding amount until August 20 to the CCPL LU74 1111 3101 0997 0000 from the Friends of the Museum
Become a member
Annual contribution of 25 € (10 € for students and unemployed) to be paid to the account of the Frënn vum Resistenzmuseum CCPL LU74 1111 3101 0997 0000
Board of Directors
Jim Goerres (president)
Guy Dockendorf (secretary)
Marie-Josée Harles (treasurer)