The association Frënn vum Resistenzmusée (Friends of the Museum of the Resistance) was created in 2010. Its aims are notably the support and the accompaniment of the project of renovation, extension and revalorization of the museum, as well as all its public, educational, cultural and social activities.
2011 Petition for the museum renovation and expansion project. In 2012, more than 2,000 signatures were filed with the Chamber of Deputies.
2013 Stolpersteine (stumbling blocks) in Esch-sur-Alzette, in memory of the Jewish victims of Nazism, by the German artist Günter Demnig.
2014 Production of the material for the museum’s audioguides
2016 – 2107 organization, in cooperation with the museum, Kulturfabrik, MemoShoah and Temoins de la Seconde Génération, of the international conference “Questions on the future of the work of memory” in Esch-sur-Alzette.
2018 collaboration to set up a mobile museum
On September 29, 2018, the association “Frënn vum Resistenzmuseum” organizes its annual excursion to Cologne.
- 7h30 : departure by bus to Esch-sur-Alzette at the car park near the Arbed Schifflange gateway, boulevard Aloyse Meyer
- 11h00-13h00 : guided tour of the “Documentation Center on National Socialism”
- 13h00-14h30 : meal at the restaurant Due Sansone
- 15h00-17h00 : guided tour of the “Stolpersteine” and information on the Jewish community of Cologne
- 21h00 : return to Esch-sur-Alzette
Registration until September 1st by money transfer of 70 € (members) or 90 € (non-members) to the account CCPL LU74 1111 3101 0997 0000.
Please indicate your name and the choice of menu (pasta, salmon or schnitzel).
Become a member
Annual contribution of 25 € (10 € for students and unemployed) to be paid to the account of the Frënn vum Resistenzmuseum CCPL LU74 1111 3101 0997 0000
Board of Directors
Jim Goerres (president)
Guy Dockendorf (secretary)
Marie-Josée Harles (treasurer)